From Convention Master Documentation
Convention Master 10.1.0 Released on January 31, 2021. This is a major feature release. This release changes to the new Omnipay payment library, and releases the voucher feature. This system contains many fixes to other smaller systems, but please be careful to test your kiosks and ensure payment processing is working when upgrading to this release.
UPGRADE WARNING: This release has special instructions added to the upgrade process. Please make sure you read them before performing an upgrade. See Upgrading Convention Master
Release notes for version 10.1.0. January 31, 2021, 15:46
The following changes and or features were added
- Mantis 900 - Payment Gateways: Add new system using Omnipay to support many payment processors.
- Mantis 987 - Validate cashbox system after Payment Gateway upgrade.
- Mantis 988 - Upgrade Art Show module to support Payment Gateway upgrade.
- Mantis 989 - Upgrade printable receipts to support Payment Gateway upgrade.
- Mantis 992 - Add currency selector to global settings.
- Mantis 1001 - Add update script that migrates existing paypal payment gateway settings to new Payment Gateway system.
- Mantis 1002 - Modify Kiosk payment screens for Payment Gateway upgrade.
- Mantis 1003 - Modify Kiosk editor in console to support Payment Gateway upgrade.
- Mantis 1004 - Add payment landing page for Payment Gateway upgrade.
- Mantis 1006 - Update Accounting - Credit Card Audit Report to show new Payment Gateway payments.
- Mantis 1007 - Add version check and warning message for OpenSSL version installed.
- Mantis 1008 - Update global settings for Payment Gateway upgrade.
- Mantis 1009 - Update db sanitizer script for new db changes.
- Mantis 1015 - Add database upgrade for Payment Gateways.
- Mantis 1016 - Add payment by Stripe to Payment Gateways.
- Mantis 1017 - Add warning and hard stop if on PHP7.0 or earlier. Add EOL Warning in console for people using PHP 7.2 or earlier.
- Mantis 1024 - Upgrade payment system to support payments from Payment Gateway upgrade.
- Mantis 1025 - Update receipts to have Payment Gateway information.
- Mantis 1040 - Add payment by Authorize.Net to Payment Gateways.
- Mantis 1041 - Add payment by PayPal to Payment Gateways.
- Mantis 1063 - Add Voucher system.
- Mantis 1069 - Add database upgrade for Voucher system.
- Mantis 1073 - Add new task to the automated task system to remind people to spend un-spent vouchers. This will remind people, at 2, 7, 15, and 30 days out from the voucher expiration date.
- Mantis 1074 - Mass Emailer - Add support for adding Vouchers to Emails in bulk.
- Mantis 1075 - Modify Kiosk payment screens for Voucher system.
- Mantis 1076 - Added the ability to see vouchers assigned to a person from the new Voucher tab in view reg.
- Mantis 1077 - Add "Use Voucher" button to cash register.
- Mantis 1079 - Add Voucher Manager that allows you to Bulk Create Vouchers.
- Mantis 1080 - Add vouchers to Pre-Reg process payment
- Mantis 1081 - Add vouchers concept to Pre-reg process refund. Added the ability to process refund to a voucher. You can now refund things to a voucher for people to use either elsewhere, or at a future year.
- Mantis 1082 - Add page to show existing vouchers.
- Mantis 1083 - Add vouchers to filter system.
- Mantis 1084 - Add Voucher Usage Graph / Voucher Report.
- Mantis 1087 - Add warnings to Kiosk that make it clear if using a payment gateway in sandbox mode - which will not record payments.
- Mantis 1088 - Remove support for old payment processing steps in Kiosks.
- Mantis 1108 - Update Kiosk password reset emails to only send one email when more than one account is tied to the same address.
- Mantis 1110 - Update Kiosk password reset emails to only invalidate the reset link when used for each UID rather than per email.
- Mantis 1111 - Add payment by Square to Payment Gateways.
- Mantis 1112 - Added ability to create a single voucher, for a single user, from View Reg.
- Mantis 1113 - Remove PHP 5.x support. PHP 7.1.x or newer required to run CM. Recommended to stay in non EOL versions such as PHP 7.3+.
- Mantis 1118 - Corrected bug that was preventing people from making new kiosks.
- Mantis 1122 - Fixed issue that caused HTML emails to be sent as plain text when using pre-reg process payment.
- Mantis 1123 - Updated the language for kiosk setting "Choose Membership - Show membership if not available" to make it clear how it works.
- Mantis 1125 - Add email to send receipts on payment completion for Payment Gateway upgrade.
- Mantis 1127 - Add Admin Install - Payment Gateways page to configure new payment providers.
- Mantis 1132 - Delete all the hard kiosk folders and entry points (kiosks that had to be configured by steps file on the server). Conventions should be using the Console configured "Soft Kiosks".
- Added a tool "Activation Requests" to the pre-reg menu to help find customers who may be asking for activation or password reset emails.
- The process_payment landing page banner at the top to return you to your previous kiosk, if it has enough information to determine what your previous kiosk was.
- Upgraded the system to log an error if email failed.
- Upgraded the system to log an error if payment processing failed in an unexpected way.
- Corrected bug in edit settings. USD should not be the default value for the field since that will make it impossible to save "USD" as a value.
- Removed requirement for a virtual cashier id for payment gateways.
- Updated the payment browser to have transactions listed in time descending order
- Updated the payment browser set status "created' to 'incomplete' to better reflect that the transaction was started but not completed.
- Fix missing year in copyright footer of emails.
- Added sending of emails on the redemption of Vouchers.
- Modified MOST view reg tabs to now be ajax HTML loaded. This is a work in progress towards having View Reg act faster since we were starting to see some page slowdown.
- Updated voucher system to make vouchers redeemable in kiosk. This has some major changes to the way that the shopping cart items are processed. This tool has a function that takes all your shopping cart items, and memberships and finds a combination that is closest to the voucher value without going over. Leaving the remaining items in the shopping cart. With much considerations these functions may be usable in future
Before starting an upgrade, we recommend that you backup your Convention Master database and files.
To perform the upgrade, run a Subversion update in the folder that contains your Convention Master installation:
$ svn up /path/to/convention_master
When this has completed, log in to the staff console [yoursite.com/console] with an account that has the "Perform DB and System Upgrades" permission to automatically trigger any pending schema updates. DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP, otherwise it will leave your install in a locked upgrade state.
For fuller/more complete information on upgrading your Convention Master installation, please see our upgrade documentation.
If you have any questions or comments, please email us at email@example.com.