From Convention Master Documentation
NOTE: This page contains release notes for a past release of Convention Master. The current version is 10.0.5.
Convention Master 10.0.0 was released December 30, 2018. This is an important upgrade and bugfix release, and the first in the Convention Master 10.x series. This release is focused on upgrading Convention Master to support PHP version 7+, bug fixes, and other improvements. We are now confident in recommending customers to upgrade their production websites to 10.0.0. Please see upgrade information below.
UPGRADE WARNING: This release has special instructions added to the upgrade process. Please make sure you read them before performing an upgrade. See Upgrading Convention Master
- Convention Master now supports PHP 7+, but will still run on PHP 5.6 (End of life Dec 31, 2018)
- A new CM license file will be required if you upgrade PHP to version 7 or later. (does not apply to version 10.0.0 running on PHP 5.6.x)
- See Upgrading Convention Master for new recommended baseline if your planning on upgrading your server OS/Packages too.
- Mantis 887 - Added official PHP 7 support
- Upgraded functions and license system to supported PHP 7 functions.
- Mantis 885 - Created a global setting to be able to update the email reset/access link timeout settings.
- Updated the Event Memberships bulk edit view making the fields wider.
- Fixed issue with "Cron job not running" message so it goes away when it should.
- Updated console menu layout.
- Updated filter page layout.
- Updated database export page layout.
- Corrected form bug on edit permissions page.
- Removed edit button from system defined Registrant Link Types.
- Correct bug caused by trying to load bidder lists when no order-by value has been set in the art show settings.
- Removed invalid theme "kiosk-default" from the new kiosk system.
- Corrected issue with .htaccess file for new kiosk system.
- Updated positioning of dialogs on kiosk listing.
Before starting an upgrade, we recommend that you backup your Convention Master database and files.
To perform the upgrade, run a Subversion update in the folder that contains your Convention Master installation:
$ svn up /path/to/convention_master
When this has completed, log in to the staff console [yoursite.com/console] with an account that has the "Perform DB and System Upgrades" permission to automatically trigger any pending schema updates. DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP, otherwise it will leave your install in a locked upgrade state.
For fuller/more complete information on upgrading your Convention Master installation, please see our upgrade documentation.
If you have any questions or comments, please email us at email@example.com.