From Convention Master Documentation
NOTE: This page contains release notes for a past release of Convention Master. The current version is 10.1.4.
Convention Master 10.0.1 was released February 11, 2019. This is an important upgrade and bugfix release, and the first in the Convention Master 10.x series. This release is focused on upgrading Convention Master to support PHP version 7+, bug fixes, and other improvements. We are now confident in recommending customers to upgrade their production websites to 10.0.1. Please see upgrade information below.
UPGRADE WARNING: If you are currently on version 9.x, this release has special instructions added to the upgrade process. Please make sure you read them before performing an upgrade. See Upgrading Convention Master
- Mantis 893 - Kiosk - Fixed issues with staff notification email formatting
- Mantis 894 - Fixed bug that blocked modify login permission/ console password resets if staff did not have comp edit permissions.
- Mantis 895 - Fixed issues that prevented some printing methods from working on php7.
- Mantis 896 - Fix composer dependencies so that Convention Master 10.x will run on php5.6
- Mantis 901 - Fixed issue that prevented license updates from working on php5.6 with the old license version.
- Mantis 902 - Kiosk Editor - Fixed ui bug where "no letters" setting in payment section saves backwards.
- Mantis 776 - Kiosk - Added new Payment Button options on kiosk for custom instructions. And custom currency symbols support
- Mantis 892 - Overhaul of the cashbox system for UI improvements and better process flow
- Mantis 897 - Kiosk - Enabled the password locks for entering kiosks. (Kiosk access codes)
- Mantis 903 - Kiosk Editor - Added missing 03_artshow_pay_controller step that is needed for artshow/dealers payment kiosk.
More details about cashbox system updates
- Added date to cash box Tag.
- Corrected bug in the currency counter such that it's not required for closing a cashbox.
- Changed title for cashier close in toolbox to "Cashier close out"
- Added Cashier Close out tool to the Cashier Cashbox tools. This closeout re-assigns the cashbox to the person who originally created it. (reliably a member of the Accounting team.)
- Added functionality for anyone with modify_comp permission to re-assign cashboxes assigned to them. This would be good for department leads.
- Added "Cashbox Assignment" to the Cashier Menu and the Accounting menu.
- Updated the View Cashbox tool to have a new UI with Datasorter.
Before starting an upgrade, we recommend that you backup your Convention Master database and files.
To perform the upgrade, run a Subversion update in the folder that contains your Convention Master installation:
$ svn up /path/to/convention_master
When this has completed, log in to the staff console [yoursite.com/console] with an account that has the "Perform DB and System Upgrades" permission to automatically trigger any pending schema updates. DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP, otherwise it will leave your install in a locked upgrade state.
For fuller/more complete information on upgrading your Convention Master installation, please see our upgrade documentation.
If you have any questions or comments, please email us at email@example.com.