From Convention Master Documentation
NOTE: This page contains release notes for a past release of Convention Master. The current version is 10.0.8.
Released June 4, 2019. This is an important upgrade and bugfix release. This release is focused on bug fixes and other improvements. We are now confident in recommending customers to upgrade their production websites to 10.0.5. Please see upgrade information below.
UPGRADE WARNING: If you are currently on version 9.x, this release has special instructions added to the upgrade process. Please make sure you read them before performing an upgrade. See Upgrading Convention Master
Bug Fixes and Improvements
The following changes and or features were added:
- Mantis 847 - Improved kiosk logins and email reset tokens to clear "brute-force attempts" when authentication was successful.
- Mantis 929 - Added functionality to remove old system logs
- Mantis 938 - Added a system information page that allows admins to determine sever software versions.
- Mantis 939 - Added ability for PDF AUPs to be printed to pdf type printers.
- Mantis 940 - Corrected bug that sometimes gives a false error about software being older than current DB version.
- Mantis 941 - Corrected bug introduced in 10.0.4 that causes event to be marked sold out when max attendance in event settings was set to unlimited.
- Mantis 943 - Corrected error handling to show a nice message when you try to access view-reg for a non-existent uid
- Mantis 950 - Corrected bug in kiosk activity tracking.
- Mantis 951 - Corrected an SQL error in payment holds what was filling up system logs.
- Mantis 952 - Corrected bug in rules.php page that caused an SQL error.
- Added more clarity to badge image upload errors.
- Removed the "All prices are in USD" line on choose membership kiosk step for events that do not have a currency-code set.
- Reordered the "Admin - Install" menu
- Added support to have html websites printed fullpage to PDF using htmldoc to render the pdf.
- Added support to print Bid Slips to the PDF printers.
- Reenabled the GUI that lets you print bid slips.
- Change release notes footer link to new Wiki documentation URL.
- Added better error messages in both the AUP fullpage printing, and the badge_pdf.php
- Added the ability for badge_pdf.php to be able to handle direct pdf files in addition to image files.
- Added the ability to click on the UID's displayed by pre print aups screen.
- Corrected bug in the cloud print url displayed in the user interface.
- Corrected bug causing the cloud print dialog not opening a second time.
Before starting an upgrade, we recommend that you backup your Convention Master database and files.
To perform the upgrade, run a Subversion update in the folder that contains your Convention Master installation:
$ svn up /path/to/convention_master
When this has completed, log in to the staff console [yoursite.com/console] with an account that has the "Perform DB and System Upgrades" permission to automatically trigger any pending schema updates. DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP, otherwise it will leave your install in a locked upgrade state.
For fuller/more complete information on upgrading your Convention Master installation, please see our upgrade documentation.
If you have any questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.