From Convention Master Documentation
NOTE: This page contains release notes for a past release of Convention Master. The current version is 10.1.4.
Release notes for version 7.1.0, released 2012-04-11.
List of Changes in 7.1.0
- Upgraded the installer, The installer and other pages will now let you know if you do not have Ioncube module loaded.
- In addition the installer now works with gateway processors.
- Upgraded cashbox management
- Modify cash_register to allow proper modification of editing a person's reg.
- The thermal aup can now print via HTML
- global.inc.php fetches the proper URL now.
- Fixed the edit events script. It had problems creating new events.
- Modified how the database update scripts happen. Now the system will check if the current version is equal to a static number, and if the current version isn't the same as the db version, it will then process through the databse update scripts. This feature should increase speed and decrease hits to the database.
- Added lock out other console users and prevent them from continuing their work if the db is not upgraded yet after a new install.
- Lastly, there is also a new feature in this, which we will be able to start getting rid of the older db update code, as long as we specify the oldest_compatable_db when we start doing that. DB versions prior to this should be at 5.0.2 which will be replaced with a db version 503 on successful upgrade.
- Added better error reporting on bag_stuffing_stickers.
- Updated AUP form to recognize what you call 'fan_name' or 'badge name'
- Updated the Database check scripts. Turns out Photo badging returned a error code which made the wrapper function think that it didn't get included
Before starting an upgrade, we recommend that you backup your Convention Master database and files.
To perform the upgrade, run a Subversion update in the folder that contains your Convention Master installation:
$ svn up /path/to/convention_master
When this has completed, log in to the staff console [yoursite.com/console] with an account that has the "Perform DB and System Upgrades" permission to automatically trigger any pending schema updates. DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP, otherwise it will leave your install in a locked upgrade state.
For fuller/more complete information on upgrading your Convention Master installation, please see our upgrade documentation.
If you have any questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.