From Convention Master Documentation
NOTE: This page contains release notes for a past release of Convention Master. The current version is 10.1.4.
Release notes for version 8.2.1, released 2013-11-14
List of Changes in 8.2.1
- Kiosk - Added kiosk variables in the 98_kiosk_final_screen module as follows:
- $_SESSION['98_kiosk_final_screen']['startover_url'] defaults to "./"
- $_SESSION['98_kiosk_final_screen']['startover_delay'] defaults to "10"
- $_SESSION['98_kiosk_final_screen']['custom_finish_message']['print_success'] defaults to "Please wait until your page has printed to the printer near you. Then take that page to the cashier to get your badge."
- $_SESSION['98_kiosk_final_screen']['custom_finish_message']['print_failed'] defaults to " Finished AUP Printing Failed please ask for assistance.Refreshing this page will try to print again."
- General - Added ability to download the DB export from the GUI
- General - Added membership type to the right of UID on receipts.
- General - Added ability to customize receipt printer behavior.
- General - Added optional behavior to print coupons at end of receipts for specified product UPCs that are not yet picked up (for specified membership types). These can be redeemed at the Con Store.
- General - Tidied up Event Setup console screen.
- Email - Modified the Send Email functions to also log emails being sent to the database.
- General - Added a function to write system-wide logging things to the database.
- Kiosk - 04_restrict_specific_membership. This is basicaly the inverse of 05_require_specific_membership. It prevents a user from proceeding beyond this step if they have one of the listed membership types. This is really only useful for very special situations where you do not want them to use the kiosk they are on with the type of membership they already have set. (ex, preventing Dealers from going through normal attendee registration kiosks, preventing special manually-assigned memberships from being changed by attendee, etc.)
- Kiosk - membership.screen.inc.php - Added support for locked membership types.
- Added handling for additional kiosk variables:
- General - Improved timezone handling, added configuration option in strings.php.inc (close enough) Should improve support/speed for PHP 5.5 and beyond, allowing for times to be in non-UTC format.
- General - Added System Logging feature, creating a log file in your db of important or strategic events.
- General - PAYPAL API RELEASE! PayPal API release 1.0.1
- Console - Added a tool to review each membership type sold and their prices. This tool is called Membership Price Drilldown.
- System - Added a SQL error logging function to system wide logging dbio.
- Console - Added email history to view reg table
- Console - I've modified the search function significantly, and I think it'll make it easier on users
- Kiosk - Added a kiosk to use to test theme elements. NO database access or function includes are needed for this kiosk.
- Console - Added a email log browsing tool
The following bugs were corrected
- Products default to Not Stuffed every time page refreshes in product editor.
- Freebies column always showed NO in membership type listing.
- Removed trailing spaces after registrant_fan_name which threw off formatting on very long names.
- Updated all.dbio.inc.php to not print sql query.
- Fixed broken sql in dbio_registrant_delete() referring to non-existent DB column registrant_notes.account_uid.
- Fixed references to non-existent "account_uid" column in the registrant_notes table. (It was renamed to just "uid" in r735.)
- Corrected bug in global_functions_get_self_reference_url() which resulted in malformed HTTPS URLs.
- Improved readability. Reformatted table headings, removed centering on Reg Num and UID, increased table cell padding to 3.
- Add a space after the fan_name so it doesn't run together with the attendee's last name.
- Kiosk - 98_online_payment.inc.php
- Implemented custom registration email bodies configurable in kiosk. (Not applicable to PayPal)
- Fixed and improved email sent to registration staff.
- Commented out debugprints.
- General clean-up and comment re-working.
- Kiosk - online_payment.screen.inc.php
- Minor page formatting tweaks.
- Verbiage refinements.
- Remove dangerous commented-out debug code.
- Kiosk - go_shopping.screen.inc.php
- Fixed tax-related shopping cart table formatting bug.
- General cleanup and removal of dead debug code.
- Kiosk - dealers.screen.inc.php
- Added border and padding around table for readability.
- Some verbiage and formatting tweaks.
- Kiosk - 02_text_aup.inc.php
- Single addition of at bottom to separate content from footer
- Kiosk - address.screen.inc.php
- Kiosk - security_question.screen.inc.php
- Minor page formatting tweaks. Verbiage refinements.
- Coupon Pickup - Revised coupon printing feature,
- Collapsed Global Variable usage from 3 variables down to 1.
- Documentation for enabling and configuring this feature is now on www.civetsolutions.com in the GLOBAL SETTINGS article in the Programming Reference.
- Updated DBIO file, no UID is needed if the credit card processor is 'none' and this is important because we need it to be 'none' for the installer.
- Artshow - Corrected spelling mistake precent to Percent.
- Tooltip linebreaks
- Corrected a display bug caused by having no cheque accounts setup when reversing a payment.
- Fixed bugs preventing reversing of payments without recording a payout method (aka, finished implementing handling for global variable CONSOLE_ProcessRefund_RecordPayment values of Prompt or Never).
- Console - Updated cashbox view to include fan names
- Kiosk - Updated bug when calling/setting up online PayPal payments via API.
- Console - Raised the MICR line of cheque by 40 pixels.
- Console - Process Payment - Changed verbiage. Instead of being able to skip the line, it says you can change information when you get to the event.
- Console - Modified Edit events, to allow API credential entry for sandbox.
- Letters - Updated the payment letters to get it's own self-reference URL.
- Console - Resolved issue with Payments Accepted in Settings. Bug number 207
- Updated Checkin Process - Now reports current event id and reg numbers , plus development version in call-home functions.
- Artshow - Corrected incorrect link in left menu for Payout Report.
Before starting an upgrade, we recommend that you backup your Convention Master database and files.
To perform the upgrade, run a Subversion update in the folder that contains your Convention Master installation:
$ svn up /path/to/convention_master
When this has completed, log in to the staff console [yoursite.com/console] with an account that has the "Perform DB and System Upgrades" permission to automatically trigger any pending schema updates. DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP, otherwise it will leave your install in a locked upgrade state.
For fuller/more complete information on upgrading your Convention Master installation, please see our upgrade documentation.
If you have any questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.