From Convention Master Documentation
NOTE: This page contains release notes for a past release of Convention Master. The current version is 10.1.4.
- Added the Email addresses (which were added to the database in an earlier version) to the Admin edit events interface. This is part of the process to move settings out of db_connect so that everything can be maintained in the console.
- Mantis Ticket: 462 - Corrected error which caused emails to be sent from the system without a "from" email address or name.
- Corrected bug in state based filtering and made it more efficient.
- Mantis Ticket: 467 - Added logic to payment holds that will limit hold_expiry to a max of 6am of the day pre-reg closes in event settings. $_SESSION['registrant_payment_holds']['ignore_pre-reg_close_date'] was added to steps file to toggle this feature.
- Mantis Ticket: 304 - Removed "Don't copy from previous event" as an option from new event wizard. You can just not select anything on the following steps. This will ensure at least basic stuff is copied to the new event like badge codes.
- Mantis Ticket: 303 - Added validation for start, end, and pre-reg close dates to new event wizard step one.
- Mantis Ticket: 512 - Updated automated tasks not to process PayPal payments for events that are over.
- Various other enhancements and security hardening.
Art Show / Dealers Den Module
- Mantis Ticket: 471 - Changed the wording of printing bidder stickers from "Print Bid Tags" to "Print Bid Stickers"
- Added functionality to hide HTML block questions by default, with a toggle button, in the "Edit Approval" table of approve_application.inc.php
- Mantis Ticket: 393 - Added new check box to Art show Wizard - "charity artist" - to notify you if any artists have been set to a 0% commission.
- Mantis Ticket: 458 - Resolved issue with rendering graph lines when php notices are enabled.
- Mantis Ticket: 459 - Corrected bug that when you logged out of CM, it would throw the warning that you cannot use a scaler value as an array.
- Mantis Ticket: 357 - Corrected page numbers and linking in list registrations and improved functionality.
- Fixed issue where user with Modify Logins privilege but not Modify Comps could not activate staff logins in console.
- Made changes to the css so that there would be no gap in /console on the login screen between the white corners and the main white body
- Changed width of search in console menu bar, so that it does not widen the menu beyond the colored end pieces on the top and bottom
- Mantis Ticket: 450 - Fixed Art Show Payment kiosk "no approved / confirmed panels" error message typo
- Mantis Ticket: 449 - Fixed error message on artshow application kiosk when you save the app without any panels selected.
- Mantis Ticket: 463 - Upgraded kiosk email system to send proper registration notifications to registrants with all payment methods (now including PayPal API) and notify staff of registrations as per kiosk settings.
- Database Version: 539 - Normalize State, and Insert ownerLocked into fields_defined.
- Database Version: 540 - Renamed acknowlege_by_uid and acknowlege_timestamp to be properly spelled as acknowledge_by_uid and acknowledge_timestamp. Added popup_created timestamp.
- Upgraded error message regarding manual edits to db_connect.php
- Updated "Click here to Continue" links in license uploader tool to ensure that the link resolves to the setup URI regardless of the directory CM is installed in on the server.
- Mantis Ticket: fix 497 - Corrected issue with redirection to /setup when cm is not installed and looking at /console or any other sub folder of the root install directory.
- Mantis Ticket: 455 - New Feature: Added ability to export and import printer configurations from installations. This will aid in the ease of setup. Allowing customers to set up "on-site" servers using test databases, then quickly export the working printer settings into the live database on the "off-site" server.
- Mantis Ticket: 460 - Corrects issue with updated version of htmldoc, which resulted in the only error being "Unable to print, is htmldoc installed?" Also added so it captures screen output (including STDERR) and displays it to customer in hopes of helping troubleshoot.
- Mantis Ticket: 457 - Added ability to modify invocation arguments for CUPS printing method. * Added Global setting PRINTING_htmldocArgs which has a default value of: --header ' ' --footer ' ' --fontsize 10 --left 0.5in --right 0.5in --top...
- Mantis Ticket: 500 - Added IP column to Workstation Printer Assignment table.
- Mantis Ticket: 495 - Added proper handling of NULL badge codes. If no badge code was selected by the registrant it will default to the "Default Badge Code" set in the event settings, or if nothing else "FNO".
- Mantis Ticket: 470 - Changed Department Log to "Tasks"
- Mantis Ticket: 469 - Added ability to schedule tasks to appear in future.
- Mantis Ticket: 468 - Updated logging system to remember previous department you created a log in.
- Corrected bug in event logging, that standard task manager would show future tasks after 3 seconds.
- Corrected bug in event logging which allowed for F5 Refresh issues (by adding nonce)
- Corrected bug in event logging which left pulldown selected wrong.
- Updated conops dashboard to display title in tab.
- Implemented new registrant note system with pop-ups
- Notes on registrant can be created in the edit registrant view, and can be set to display pop-ups on the cashier screen and con-ops dashboard.
- Updated table style to new look with search filters, added UID column to table, added on-task check, changed wording, added UID and added instructions to Volunteer - Set Status screen.
- Updated table style and wording on Add Volunteers screen
- Mantis Ticket: 453 - Removed the need for the log files folder and any file output by the mass mailer.
Before starting an upgrade, we recommend that you backup your Convention Master database and files.
To perform the upgrade, run a Subversion update in the folder that contains your Convention Master installation:
$ svn up /path/to/convention_master
When this has completed, log in to the staff console [yoursite.com/console] with an account that has the "Perform DB and System Upgrades" permission to automatically trigger any pending schema updates. DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP, otherwise it will leave your install in a locked upgrade state.
For fuller/more complete information on upgrading your Convention Master installation, please see our upgrade documentation.
If you have any questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.