From Convention Master Documentation
NOTE: This page contains release notes for a past release of Convention Master. The current version is 10.1.4.
Convention Master 9.3.3 was released 2018-02-18. This is a bugfix release for users of the 9.3.x series, to fix issues discovered since release.
The following changes and or features were added:
- Revamp of the Bruteforce protection system. The system now supports multiple contexts with configurable trigger times and ban times for each.
- Name searches are now brute-force limited to prevent attempted database exports.
- Fan name only returns in searches if the search request returns more than one result.
- The search algorithm used is now much more strict and will require a more exact name match to find any results.
- Support for $_SESSION['01_get_uid_v2']['asteriskForRegisteredGuests'] was added. Set this to false and the * will no longer display by users' names if registered.
Before starting an upgrade, we recommend that you backup your Convention Master database and files.
To perform the upgrade, run a Subversion update in the folder that contains your Convention Master installation:
$ svn up /path/to/convention_master
When this has completed, log in to the staff console [yoursite.com/console] with an account that has the "Perform DB and System Upgrades" permission to automatically trigger any pending schema updates. DO NOT FORGET THIS STEP, otherwise it will leave your install in a locked upgrade state.
For fuller/more complete information on upgrading your Convention Master installation, please see our upgrade documentation.
If you have any questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.